RARA-AVIS: David Goodis house

From: Aaron Finestone ( babaganouj@mac.com)
Date: 24 Jun 2006

Ed Lynskey inquired, "Did you have the opportunity to peek in the attic pace for any Goodis materials?"

The present owner had told the real estate broker that David Goodis had lived in the house. We saw nothing which could have been left by David Goodis. The house was a museum of he life of the present owner. She vacated the house without taking anything. The lady who was selling the house raised a beautiful family there. The house was full of clothing, pictures and furniture belonging to her family. There were boxes of books and clothing in the attic. The real estate broker had limited time and he was doing us a favor by showing the house to people who were not interested in buying it. There was no time to go through the boxes. I would have considered such a search a violation of the privacy of the owner.

Hanging in the master bedroom was a drawing of the Goodis house. The picture was dated in the 1970's or 1990's, after the present owners had bought the house. My wife remarked that this picture of 6305 North 11th Street was not a representation of the real Goodis house--- no shadows, no steam coming from the sidewalk, no rain, no lightening, and it wasn't black and white. Nothing noir about it.

Aaron Finestone babaganouj@mac.com Read my blog, Visit my Navy and Israel photowebsites http://www.microbrewjournalism.com/

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM