RARA-AVIS: Ross Thomas: Briarpatch

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 16 Jun 2006

I've got two paperback copies of this book, both dated 1985, both with the same typeface and pagination, and both from Penguin, but they've got different covers and different prices.
    The one with a windowpane or Mondrian sort of front, with a car fire, a determined male face, a bimbo, etc., in the boxes, is $3.95, and the one with a diagonal title casting shadows on the front is $4.95.
    I've never seen this difference before. Does it happen often? Is there some sensible marketing reason for it?

Joy the baffled http://badattitudes.com/MT/archives/003936.html

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Check out the new improvements in Yahoo! Groups email. http://us.click.yahoo.com/gi.u7A/fOaOAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM