Re: transcendence (was Re: Fwd: RARA-AVIS: JDM)

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 15 Jun 2006

Mark wrote:

Not that there's anything wrong with telling a good story. In fact, there's a whole lot right about it. I'll choose a good story over the concerns of "Big L" Literature almost every time. On rare occasions, though, you get both. And I'd place Sallis among those few who even attempt (and in his case, often succeeds at) this.

************ I've only read three by Ross Macdonald, but I don't see him anywhere close to the Big L category, in style or content. Hammett and Chandler absolutely.

miker

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/do.u8A/hOaOAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM