Re: RARA-AVIS: Duane Swierczynski's THE WHEEL MAN

From: Duane Swierczynski ( Duane.Swier@verizon.net)
Date: 18 May 2006

Ron wrote:

> I mentioned a couple weeks ago that had picked up Duane
> Swierczynski's THE
> WHEEL MAN. I read over the span of the last few nights, and I can't
> recommend this book more highly...

Thanks so much, Ron. I'm absolutely thrilled you enjoyed it. And thanks for sharing your thoughts here.

> Duane Swierczynski's name seems awfully familiar to me -- and I
> suspect
> there's not a lot of folks running around with that name -- and I
> have a
> hunch it's perhaps because he's a member of this list.

It's true... I've been lurking around these parts since 1998 or so. I still feel like a Padawan learner among the Jedi Masters on this list, so I don't speak up much.

And Mark wrote:

> I found James Sallis's Drive made a very good companion piece to
> Duane's
> Wheelman, in both subject matter and quality. Two great books.

Thanks, Mark. I'm humbled by the comparison. Though I think THE WHEELMAN will forever be known as "the *other* getaway driver novel of Fall 2005."

Cheers--

Duane

secretdead.blogspot.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Everything you need is one click away.  Make Yahoo! your home page now. http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM