RARA-AVIS: Re: Legal, but is it ethical?

From: pmf_nz ( pmf_nz@yahoo.co.nz)
Date: 28 Apr 2006

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "hardcasecrime" <editor@...> wrote:
> Last year we turned our first profit, a staggering four-
> figure sum.

Obviously you're kidding here, but I take this comment as a positive sign. Even if the profit is small, it's good that the series is not losing money; hopefully, it will continue to grow, particularly if the Stephen King book brings in any new readers. After a slow start in New Zealand, more Hard Case Crime novels have started showing up in stores here (if anyone else is in Auckland, Unity Books and the University of Auckland bookshop both have some - oddly, they seem to stock mostly different HCC books from one another). I've bought nine books from the series so far, so I'm keen to see it continue for a long time.

Paul