Re: RARA-AVIS: Derek Raymond Reissues

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 21 Apr 2006

Boardy wrote:

"[Serpent's Tail]'re also putting out Nightmare In The Street, which I presume is a collection of short stories."

Actually, it's the 1988 novel that Raymond wrote in between the initial Factory trilogy and I Was Dora Suarez, previously published only in France, in French. The English translation of the first chapter, with the same title, was published in the first Fresh Blood anthology in 1996. It's been a long wait for the full novel in English. Thanks for letting me know it's finally imminent.

Here's hoping they also publish his other French-only novel, Le Soleil Qui S'Etient (which even my rudimentary French knows doesn't literally translate to Sick Transit, the English title I've seen attached to it). Then I'll have all of his post-Sabbatical novels.

How are his pre-Sabbatical novels? I have several, but have only read Crust on Its Uppers.

Mark