Re: RARA-AVIS: Noir shorts

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 20 Apr 2006

miker (who seems to now go by his full name now, but . . .) wrote:

"That ties in well with a book I just started, I Was Dora Suarez. The killer collects his own crusty (eventually, after they dry) underwear. If you don't think it can get much worse than that, you probably haven't read Derek Raymond."

I remember purposely not trying to picture the killer's weird masturbatory contraption. However, a fellow fan sent me an article about just such a device from a medical journal, with illustration. Raymond did not just make it up.

As disturbing as it is to read the opening scene, it's equally distubing to hear it read by Raymond in a cold, clinical voice.

Mark

ps -- I've modified my theory that dirty underwear (noir shorts) is what screws the protagonist; perhaps the underwear is soiled as a consequence of having been screwed.