Re: RARA-AVIS: Noir and the Bible

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 17 Apr 2006

Kerry wrote:

". . . offhand only Pulp Fiction (if you'll forgive the digression) comes to mind as having a character who quotes spiritual scripture before delivering vengeance, . . ."

Lifted from a Sonny Chiba movie, if I recall correctly -- Bodguard, maybe?

". . . and he quit the noir biz when he figured out what he'd been reciting."

While I'm in general agreement with your point about noir not rely on Christian morality, Pulp Fiction sure is. The main characters are all offered chances at redemption, changing their ways. How they respond to their chances have major impacts on their survival.

Mark