Re: RARA-AVIS: Library of Larceny Redux

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 13 Apr 2006

That's it!

>>I just finished another volume in the Library of Larceny series, written
by J.R. "Yellow Kid" Weil called Con Man about his exploits of 50 years as America's most notorious Con Man. It was a great read, probably the equal of, or maybe even superior to Catch Me if You Can or The Big Con.<<

  I have what I assume is the same book in it's original
  printing, 1948 Ziff-Davis. "As Told to W.T. Ballard"
  Dust jacket has hype blurbs on the back from Brett Halliday
  and Erle Stanley Gardner: "a must for every sucker in
  the United States and everyone who wants to keep from being a sucker."

  Fantastic read, and I'd be interested to check out the
  LoL series.