Re: RARA-AVIS: Judas

From: Anthony Dauer ( anthony.dauer@gmail.com)
Date: 10 Apr 2006

In the Qu'ran, Judas enters the room where the Prophet Jesus (PBUH) is waiting and God (SWT) changes Judas' appearance to that of the Prophet Jesus' and Jesus ascends to heaven leaving Judas to face crucifixion.

Dr Barbara Theiring in the late 80s/early 90s postulated also that Judas was actually the Prophet Jesus' closest disciple, possibly even his brother, and that Judas was the only one Jesus trusted to carry out this mission. She points out that at the time, 30 pieces of silver was not a significant amount of money and that there must have been more to the story.

There's a hint of a secret agreement between the Prophet Jesus and Judas recorded in the Gospel of John.

John 13

:26 Jesus answered, He it is, to whom I shall give a sop, when I have dipped it. And when he had dipped the sop, he gave it to Judas Iscariot, the son of Simon.

:27 And after the sop Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly.

:28 Now no man at the table knew for what intent he spake this unto him.

--
Anthony Dauer
Alexandria, Virginia

http://www.adau.net/