Re: RARA-AVIS: My B&N Raymond Chandler Course

From: jimdohertyjr ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Apr 2006

Harry,

Re your question below:

> I'm very interested in your course on Raymond Chandler but I'm in the
> final stages of completing my doctoral dissertation in Anthropology
and
> won't be able to devote the proper amount of time and energy to your
> course. Is there any way of having access to the course materials
> (e.g. notes, assignemnts, etc.) without formally enrolling?
>
> Thanks in advance!

As Mary points out, it is free to enroll, and, although B&N would like you to buy the books from them, it isn't necessary to read the particular edition (Library of America's STORIES & EARLY NOVELS) they suggest.

You can go at your own pace, but you only have four weeks (actually five, including "alumni week") to get through the lectures, etc.

What you CAN do, once you've enrolled, is simply print out the eight lessons, and then follow the course at your own pace as if it were a printed textbook instead of an e-book, even after the deadline passes. You won't be able to ask me question in the context of the class, but you have my e-mail as a member of this list, so you'd be able to contact me personally, anyway.

Hope you're able to enroll.

JIM DOHERTY