RARA-AVIS: My B&N Raymond Chandler Course

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 30 Mar 2006

Some of you have expressed an interest in taking the on-line Raymond Chandler course I teach at the Barnes
& Noble website. The next session starts on April 3. If you're interested, you can sign up here:

http://educate.barnesandnoble.com/educate/bn/home/catalog/overview.jsp?productId=19352&z=y&nhid=bn

The reading list is:

LESSON ONE:
"Blackmailers Don't Shoot"
"Smart-Aleck Kill"
"Spanish Blood"

LESSON TWO:
"Finger Man"
"Goldfish"
"Red Wind"
"Trouble Is My Business"

LESSONS THREE & FOUR: THE BIG SLEEP

LESSONS FIVE & SIX: FAREWELL, MY LOVELY

LESSON SEVEN: THE HIGH WINDOW

LESSON EIGHT: Review and discussion of Chandler's film work, particularly DOUBLE INDEMNITY and THE BLUE DAHLIA.

B&N suggests that you use the Library of America omnibus edition, STORIES & EARLY NOVELS, but the particular edition doesn't really matter.

Hope to see some of you there.

JIM DOHERTY