RARA-AVIS: Re: On the not-Charles Williams

From: George Tuttle ( noirfiction@whoever.com)
Date: 30 Mar 2006

Hi Juri!

I found following in the British Library integrated catalogue: Fires of youth. With a foreword about A Curious case of plagiarism by Robert Lusty. [The foreword relates to "Young and sensitive", published as the work of Don Robson, but in fact a plagiary of "Fires of youth", originally published in 1961 under the pseudonym Charles Williams.]

Also this from http://www.anyamountofbooks.com: ROBSON, Don. YOUNG AND SENSITIVE. Hutchinson, London, 1964. First Edition. Wraps. 8vo. Wraps. Uncorrected proof. Endpapers reproduce Don Robson's H. M. Prison (Dartmoor) handwritten manuscript. 'A tender novel of awakened love.' Winner of the 1963 Arthur Koestler Award to stimulate creative activity among prisoners. Spine slightly faded, covers slightly marked, overall sound VG. Very scarce work. A22022 £40

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Juri Nummelin"