RARA-AVIS: Re: OT -- Into title

From: mandy_keifetz ( mandy_keifetz@yahoo.com)
Date: 30 Mar 2006

You know, if it is, in fact, a paraphilia rather than a location that preposition is taking us into, why not just "Into" as in what're you into, and leave the secret place the non-eponymous, unnamed destination?

mk

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Victoria Two <msvictoriatwo@...> wrote:

> Into The Secret Place
>
> is the working title for a book on a fetish so obscure that most
therapists do not know of it. It is a medical fetish and since most of my life has been living with a medical condition that others "lust" after (don't know what other word to use) I have become a technical adviser. Life is strange. (And sometimes extremely funny.)

> Thanks for all the replies,
> Victoria
>

> Victoria Two <msvictoriatwo@...> wrote:
> I am a technical adviser on a non-fiction manuscript that is about
to wrap up and the first-time author is looking ahead. His working title begins with "INTO" and I think that a preposition is not likely to stick in the mind when seeking the book. Any opinions?

> Also, I know there is a website that analyzes titles but I can't
find it using any words that I can think of. Does anyone know of such?