Re: RARA-AVIS: Tom Franklin/Gerry Boyle/redneck noir

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 25 Mar 2006

Re Gerry Boyle, this series seems to get harder boiled as it proceeds, as well as more noirish in that things don't turn out satisfactorily for the protagonist, and the last I read was set wholly in the backwoods of Maine except for a trip to Bangor. Plus he's picked up a sort of psycho sidekick. Which reminds me to figure out which book that was and get the next one.

    More generally, and without volunteering, let's declare April Redneck Noir month. Joy http://badattitudes.com/MT/archives/cat_crime_fiction.html