Re: RARA-AVIS: Rebus

From: Karin Montin ( kmontin@sympatico.ca)
Date: 24 Mar 2006

Check out the archives for some discussion of John Hannah as Rebus. Nobody much liked him in the part.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Rankin wasn't keen on Hannah but he didn't say so outright. I also remember reading somewhere that he said he liked Ken Stott better. Sorry, no references.

The Scotsman (you may need to sign up; it's free) had an interview last November with Stott, calling him the ideal Rebus.

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=810&id=2309132005

If you click on the Rankin & Rebus link at the bottom, you'll get an eight-page list of other articles on the subject.

Karin