Re: RARA-AVIS: Just a quick hello - Fay

From: Chris M ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 24 Mar 2006

Vicki said:
>As always, I can't miss a chance to mention Larry Brown's Fay. It's rural,
>gritty, and compelling, a classic.

Terrific book. I first heard of Brown from a review of Fay by George Pelecanos in Washington Post Book World.

Woodrell has been mentioned, by Give us a Kiss is so good, that it warrants seconding. Also, Chris Offut has some short stories that might fit the definition and are worth reading even if they don't.