RARA-AVIS: Hammett's Moral Vision

From: William Harker ( wharker@verizon.net)
Date: 20 Mar 2006

Almost a year ago, when Hammett's Moral Vision was announced as a soon-to-be-published new work, I pre-ordered the book on Amazon.com. The original shipping date was December. Since December, I have had numerous e-mail exchanges with various customer service reps at Amazon.com. The shipping date keeps getting pushed back until now when the delivery date is supposed to be tomorrow
(March 21), but I still have no notice it has actually shipped.

Amazon.com tells me it is because they are having trouble obtaining copies, presumably from the publisher. Anyone have the same trouble, or know anything about this? I live in an extremely rural area with no local bookstores that can order this for me, hence Amazon.com is pretty much my lifeline to the book world.

Bill Harker