RARA-AVIS: Re: Jason Starr UK Ireland Tour

From: George Tuttle ( noirfiction@whoever.com)
Date: 14 Mar 2006

So, the release date in the States for Bust is May 2, 2006 and Lights Out, it's September 2006?

I confess that I have learned my lesson. When Fake I.D. was released, I hesitated, theorizing I could wait for a library copy. I am really bad about cutting cost, shopping at thrift stores and such. I realize, now, that my cheapness was depriving the author (and family -- little Jason, Jr. and the girls) of their only source of income. Fate, of course, had the last laugh. There was no library copy of Fake ID and the book went quickly out of print (I think there was a fire at No Exit Press warehouse or some sort of tragedy - I don't think they ever really recovered). I can't deal with the bad karma and have vowed that in the future I would not make the same mistake again.

George (stupid, stupid, stupid)