Re: RARA-AVIS: Black Mask

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 08 Mar 2006

For $450 via www.bookfinder.com (searches all online books for sale): Black Mask, February NY PRO-DISTRIBUTORS. 1930, First Edition. Good copy in pictorial pulp wrappers. (Faint dampsoiling to righthand edges of front cover & adjoining text which is age toned as usual. Bottom half-inch of spine chipped. Some edge tears at nap of covers) Features Dashiell Hammett's novelette "The Farewell Murder."

For $225, Black Mask, November NY PRO-DISTRIBUTORS. 1930, First Edition. Fair only copy in pictorial pulp wrappers. (Top & bottom of spine chipped. Bottom 20% of rear cover chipped. Some fairly small chips at edges of covers. Paper in text age toned as always) Features Dashiell Hammett's story "Death And Company." Also Raoul Whitfield & Horace McCoy.

for $1,250: Pro-Distributors Publishing Company NY 1935 First First edition. Pages browned and a little brittle, some small tears and nicks to the yapped edges, slight erosion at the base of the spine, a short tear to the first leaf, and a very faint dampstain at the bottom of the front wrap, else a very good copy of the January, 1935 issue featuring Chandler's novelette, as well as stories by Frederick Nebel, Erle Stanley Gardner, and George Harmon Coxe.

There are lots more. Joy