RARA-AVIS: Lawrence Block noir

From: hardcasecrime ( editor@hardcasecrime.com)
Date: 03 Mar 2006

> I wonder if anyone knows another
> powerful Lawrence Block portrait
> of evil and American-style
> materialism. I've only read a
> few of his noirs.

Try NOT COMIN' HOME TO YOU, Block's fictionalization of the Starkweather/Fugate killing spree, or THE GIRL WITH THE LONG GREEN HEART (recently reprinted in a Hard Case Crime edition), which tells a story about con men that I think you'll find has a lot in common with GRIFTER'S GAME.

Or you can wait till next February and read LUCKY AT CARDS, the rediscovered Block novel we'll be publishing -- originally published under the pseudonym "Sheldon Lord," this one hasn't been available in any form for about 40 years.

--Charles