Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RIP Dennis Weaver

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 28 Feb 2006

Jim Doherty wrote:

> I said five. I should have said six. Also of interest to members of
> this list would be STONE, in which he played an LAPD detective who was
> also a celebrity author, in the vein of Joe Wambaugh, who wrote hard-
> boiled cop novels.
>
> The show was created by Webb alumnus Stephen J. Cannell.

Speaking of Cannell, has anyone read any of his novels? I have RIDING THE SNAKE in my TBR list, and a friend of mine enjoys his Shane Scully series. Also, the first season of THE ROCKFORD FILES is now out on DVD, and I've been wading through it, and enjoying every wisecrack.

Lastly, I agree that Dennis Weaver was good at what he did, especially on GUNSMOKE and MCCLOUD.

Brian Thornton