RARA-AVIS: The next Ellroy

From: William Denton ( wtd@pobox.com)
Date: 19 Feb 2006

Following up on the earlier Ellroy talk, WHITE JAZZ blew my mind, but MY DARK PLACES I didn't bother finishing. I really liked AMERICAN TABLOID and I thought THE COLD SIX THOUSAND was really something, though quite what I wasn't sure, but I liked it. I read the LA Quartet very close together so I had all the people clear in my head, but reading the Underworld USA books as they come out, with years between each volume, makes it hard to remember just who everyone is and why they're doing what they do.

Anyway, the final book in the trilogy has a working title of POLICE GAZETTE and it looks like it'll be out next year. There are some details here:

         http://www.modestyarbor.com/policegazette.html

Ellroy says it's longer than the previous two! I wonder if it'll be like THE COLD SIX THOUSAND or, somehow, even more pared down.

Bill

--
William Denton : Toronto, Canada : www.miskatonic.org : www.frbr.org