Re: RARA-AVIS: Watcha readin'?

From: Richard Moore ( moorich2@aol.com)
Date: 19 Feb 2006

As I recall it, most of the talk was about Ellin writing a PI novel at all. It was a distinct departure for him. I had not heard about the months of research, although I don't doubt that he did. He was certainly known for extensive rewriting until he was completely satisfied with his language. Ellin is an old favorite of mine but as I said before it has been years since I read THE EIGHTH CIRCLE or any of his earlier novels. I do reread his short stories all the time and its probably time for another look at the early novels.

Richard Moore

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "dj_bassett" <dj_bassett@...> wrote:

> What little I've read *about* THE EIGHTH CIRCLE was all about how
Ellin