Re: RARA-AVIS: Watcha readin'?

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 18 Feb 2006

CAPTAIN ALATRISTE by Arturo Perez-Reverte

As I mentioned in a response to one of Bill Denton's posts, I liked Perez-Reverte's CLUB DUMAS and THE NAUTICAL CHART, so I'm giving his actual series about Alatriste a try. So far it's very satisfying. His main character is so very different from the ones in the other two I've read by him.

Also reading a bunch of non-fiction on mid-19th century America for research. Good stuff, too. On deck is Bernard Cornwell's THE GALLOWS THIEF.

Recent fiction I've been reading: Doolittle's RAIN DOGS (superb!), Connelly's THE NARROWS (liked it, but didn't love it), and re-read Eddie Mullen's THE DISTANCE (Yowza!).

Best-

Brian Thornton