Re: RARA-AVIS: Charlie Huston's Caught Stealing

From: Chris M ( cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 17 Feb 2006

Harry Hunsicker said:

>I read the sequel, SIX BAD THINGS, which as I understand it picks up where
>the first left off, >about year later. Hank is living in Mexico, trying to
>keep a low profile, when a Russian turns up, >asking questions. A few dead
>bodies later, he goes on the run and ends up in the States again, >trying
>to save his parents and not let the Russians get back the money. I really
>enjoyed the >book. The Maltese Falcon on crack blurb is pretty accurrate.

I picked up SIX BAD THINGS based on Patrick Anderson's Wash Post review, and enjoyed it quite a bit. Or at least enough to go back and read CAUGHT STEALING, which I now wish I'd read first.

And welcome to Harry Hunsicker. I thought Still River was dynamite; read it in a single sitting (I'm a Dallas boy, so maybe I'm partial).

Chris