Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Hardboiled genealogy

From: Karin Montin ( kmontin@sympatico.ca)
Date: 10 Feb 2006

I took the big brain comment as a humorous, ironic, self-deprecating remark on Brian's part. Having enjoyed some works by Joyce and Ellroy while being unable to get through others by the same authors, I can relate.

Coincidentally, I'm reading Hard-Boiled: An Anthology of American Crime Stories (from the 1920s to the '90s), edited by Bill Pronzini and Jack Adrian. The introduction provides a good history of the development of the hard-boiled genre.

And the TOC lists at least two RA members: James M. Reasoner and Ed Gorman. I can't believe I haven't read this book earlier. I'm really enjoying it.
  Karin