Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Hardboiled genealogy

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 07 Feb 2006

Brian wrote:

"For my money, it made it clear to me once and for all that there was no cesspit too rank for Ellroy to want to roll around in."

Uh, what's wrong with rolling around in cesspits, at least at a literary remove? As Kerry pointed out, I thought that was one of the things we appreciate in noir, a glimpse of where we might be but for the grace of
. . . Although I agree Ellroy has come to wallow in it (after getting it right for a long time), I can't think of any subject or human behavior he has dealt with that has not been done well in some noir story or other (sometimes even by Ellroy).

Mark