RARA-AVIS: Re: Hardboiled genealogy

From: meganabbott2000 ( meganabbott@hotmail.com)
Date: 06 Feb 2006

Hi, again: I use the films primarily for students to consider the different adapative choices that were made and possible reasons why--e.g., the romance btw. Marlowe and Vivian in Hawks's The Big Sleep vs. what we find in Chandler. Or, as another example, the shift from the mob-as-enemy in Kiss Me Deadly to the atomic threat.

Thanks for the fantastic suggestions---believe me, as this hits Mach II, I will give Rara-Avis full credit!