Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Chandler dissing Hammett?

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 20 Jan 2006

Jim wrote:

"We all admire those who influence us, but we all have ambitions to do and be better than those who inspire us. . . . The Beatles were huge admirers of Elvis Presley, and sought to be bigger and better than the King."

But Elvis hated the Beatles and, in turn, Sinatra hated Elvis (didn't stop Ol' Blue Eyes from reaping the ratings benefit of Pvt. Presley's first post-Army appearance, though).

Did Hammett ever say what he thought of Chandler's writing?

Mark