Re: RARA-AVIS: Digest Number 454

From: Steve Novak ( Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 11 Jan 2006

1/11/06

Dear Mrs. Willeford,

As a long time member of Rara-Avis, I found this e-mail back in November and I have kept it since I wanted to write to you just in case that you are the wife of Charles Willeford.

Many years ago (early 80's) there was a 4-days Murder Mystery writers conference in Key West, Florida that I attended. Several other famous writers were there with your husband, who passed away a few months later. I had always loved his books and as a friend of several French writers and "noir" publishers in France, had followed his writings and was delighted to see and hear him at the conference. I also remember that you both came down every morning for breakfast in the quiet hotel vast dining room and I made a point to be there everyday, just to somehow share this quiet moment with both of you as you prepared for the day of meetings and events.

I simply wanted to let you know how much these moments were important to me, how his writing to this day is always both a reference and a pure joy and I feel blessed to have seen both of you in those moments of quiet life together. These images of your couple have stayed with me and served as guides in my own personal life. With my deepest heart I thank you and thank him for these wonderful moments and wish you a Bonne Ann�e for you and your whole family.

Sylvestre Novak aka le Montois de D�troit on Rara-Avis cinefrog@comcast.net