RARA-AVIS: Passenger on the U/Fire Will Freeze

From: T. Kent Morgan ( tkmorgan@shaw.ca)
Date: 05 Jan 2006

Came across PBs of Passenger on the U by Claude Aveline and Fire Will Freeze by Margaret Millar this afternoon. I remembered discussions about French crime novelists, but just searched the archives and Aveline wasn't mentioned. I've never read any Millar and didn't know if this would be a good place to start. Any comments?

I also spotted a copy of a reference book about Chandler, Hammett and Roos Macdonald that looked interesting. Of course, I didn't write down the title, but think it was something like Hardboiled Mystery Novelists. Should have bought it for $5.99 and it will no doubt be gone if someone on the list gives it a high recommendation and I go back to pick it up.

Kent Morgan