Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Johnny Liddell

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 29 Dec 2005

Richard wrote:

"My mild renewed interest in Frank Kane came about because recently I picked up several episodes of the Mike Hammer television from 1958-60 and Kane was one of the primary writers of that series. I've only had time to watch one (not written by Kane) and it wasn't bad. One outrageous detail is that Darren McGavin's Hammer carries a revolver instead of Hammer's famous .45 automatic."

Did he still call it Betsy?

I've got a Gold Medal paperback tie-in novel of Johnny Staccato by Frank Boyd. Do I remember correctly that that was a pseudonym of Frank Kane?

And I've got a Dell paperback tie-in novel of Peter Gunn by Henry Kane.

Haven't read either.

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back! http://us.click.yahoo.com/u8TY5A/tzNLAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM