Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Trevanian dead

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 19 Dec 2005

I think I saw the Eiger Sanction movie first, since I remember picturing Clint Eastwood as Hemlock while reading both of the Sanction books in college, a long time ago. The Eiger book was even better than the movie
(as usual, but I usually try to read books before seeing movies made from them), and Loo improved on Eiger.

I picked up The Main as soon as it came out in paper. At first I was disappointed it wasn't a third Sanction book, but ended up liking it quite a bit. The main character, don't remember his name, but he's a rumpled cop in the Maigret, Laidlaw, Rebus vein. In fact, like Rebus
(in a few of the books), he rents out rooms in his building to students
(though doesn't let anyone know he's the owner). I don't remember many specifics from the book, but remember liking it quite a bit. I'm not sure why I didn't read any other Trevanian books after that.

Mark

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Know an art & music fan? Make a donation in their honor this holiday season! http://us.click.yahoo.com/.6dcNC/.VHMAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM