Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Trevanian dead

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 19 Dec 2005

I've read THE EIGER SANCTION, which is an oddball combination of a semi-goof on Bond combined with some really great mountaineering action. Works pretty well despite the mishmash, though.

I've never liked SHIBUMI, which over-emphasizes the parodic elements a bit too much, I think. Some nice caving scenes, though.

I haven't read anything by him, though I've been intermittantly curious about THE LOO SANCTION and especially THE MAIN. I wonder how hardboiled THE MAIN might be. Also didn't he write a Western?

doug

Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Know an art & music fan? Make a donation in their honor this holiday season! http://us.click.yahoo.com/.6dcNC/.VHMAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM