Re: RARA-AVIS: Epitafios

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 12 Dec 2005

In a message dated 12/12/05 6:11:57 PM, DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net writes:

> I'm guessing Clive Owen probably made
> a very good PI.  He was great in the Brit police procedural series
> Second Sight, as well as the great noir, The Croupier.  Oh, and Mike
> Hodges's I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

speaking of I'll Sleep When I'm Dead, John Rhys-Myers, who played Owen's younger brother in that film is the protagonist in Woody Allen's latest, Match Point. what makes Match Point germain is, it isn't a comedy at all, it's a serious drama that ultimately becomes a crime film, with as dark an ending as anything Thompson, Cain or Ellroy could imagine. I guarantee, nobody, ESPECIALLY people on this list, will see coming how this beauty turns out at the end

set in London, Rhys-Myers is a former pro tennis player, working class Irish, who marries into British money. there he becomes dangerously obsessed with his brother-in-law's fiancee, a struggling American actress played by Scarlett Johanson. what's unique in this type of film is that every single character is enormously sympathetic; Rhys-Myers so much so that audiences forgive him the unforgiveable

Woody Allen, man. who knew?

John Lau

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/7zgKlB/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM