Re: RARA-AVIS: Harry Crews

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 06 Dec 2005

I agree that Feast of Snakes is not his best. I've read all the Crews novels, essays, and short stories, and I would recommend The Gypsy's Curse, followed by The Gospel Singer, and his "autobiography" A Childhood. Karate Is a Thing of the Spirit is way up there too, and there are other great ones, but stay away from the last few. The best ones are the hardest to find, of course. Vicki

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/7zgKlB/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM