RARA-AVIS: Hard-Boiled novel Detour, basis of 1945 film Noir re-issued

From: Richard Doody ( rdoody@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 04 Dec 2005

Hi folks, I am a new member having joined several weeks ago and have enjoyed reading the posts during that time. I am a bit overwhelmed by the level of knowledge here, the references to more current authors has been quite helpful in that my reading list is mired in the 1930's and 1940's. My favorite hard-boiled author is W. R. Burnett. I have started a small publishing business and we have just re-issued a book I hope some members may have an interest in reading, it is Detour, An Extraordinary Tale, written by Martin M. Goldsmith, the 1939 novel which was the basis of the 1945 film noir classic of the same name directed by Edgar G. Ulmer. The book is a lost American classic and I hope it can be re-discovered. You can find it at Amazon or Ebay or you can contact me. At this point only Ebay has a picture of the book up, Amazon has not yet posted the image. Thanks and if anyone knows what the archives may have in it about W.R. Burnnett I would love to hear. Thanks Richard Doody, O'Bryan House Publishers LLC

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Life without art & music? Keep the arts alive today at Network for Good! http://us.click.yahoo.com/7zgKlB/dnQLAA/Zx0JAA/kqIolB/TM