Re: RARA-AVIS: 'Blonde Lightning: A Novel'

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 28 Nov 2005

Dr. Z,

Thanks for posting that very generous L.A. Times review.

(Even though that paragraph about Chandler and West is enough to get me tarred and feathered in rara-avis land. To paraphrase a wise boxer from the past, "I know I can't carry Chandler's jock." So don't pick on me out on the playground. And the only thing I have over West seems to be an uncanny ability to survive massive car crashes. So far, at least.)

And Aldo, the Times review is actually early this year. It clocked in at six days short of four months after the book was released. Last year the Earthquake Weather review ran four months PLUS six days after the book came out. They shaved twelve days off the schedule this time. Someone over there must like me.

But seriously, better late than never. And at least the review convinced miker to take the plunge! (There's my "Holiday Sales" spike, Aldo.)

TL