Re: RARA-AVIS: James Crumley's Western

From: Terrill Lankford ( lankford2000@earthlink.net)
Date: 22 Nov 2005

-----Original Message----- From: Jim Beaver < jumblejim@prodigy.net> Sent: Nov 21, 2005 11:58 PM To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Subject: RARA-AVIS: James Crumley's Western

No word yet on Kem Nunn's presence or absence on Deadwood -- I haven't gotten around to asking the powers that be.

But.

The episode we're currently shooting is directed by Tim Hunter (RIVER'S EDGE, TEX). He told me that he'd spent the summer shooting a low-budget Western, financed entirely by the three actresses who play the leads, sort of a throwback to the Randolph Scott-type picture of the Fifties. He said it had a good story but a lousy script and so he talked his old friend James Crumley into doing a page-one rewrite. He said this is the first time anyone's ever gotten script material out of Crumley.

The picture's called THE FAR SIDE OF JERICHO. Details, such as they are, at: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0463984/combined

Jim Beaver

Very cool news, Jim,

BTW: When does the new season of DEADWOOD start airing?

TL