RARA-AVIS: Re: Gash and Lovejoy

From: Tapani Bagge ( tapani.bagge@aina.fi)
Date: 22 Nov 2005

Back in the early 90's, I translated the three first Lovejoy books in Finnish and read a couple of others. They are quite hard-boiled and even somewhat noir. I kind of liked them, though I'm not the most avid fan of the sometimes overly wordy prose style of Mr. Gash. He can be snappy, too.

The TV series was much more light-hearted fun, especially after the first season, which was more or less based on the books. Maybe not surprisingly, the books didn't sell too well in here.

Tapani Bagge