RARA-AVIS: Crawling from the Wreckage

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 21 Nov 2005

fred wrote:

> "THIS SEASON, the TV drama "Lost" will make pop culture history when it
> becomes the first show ever to have a character write a book in the
> real
> world."

And Mark pointed out (once again beating me to the punch):

> That's crap, that this is the first time. Wasn't Lawrence Block's
> Markham novel originally credited to the titular TV character? I also
> seem to remember seeing some Jessica Fletcher novels in stores.

Yeah, and I'm sure there's others. But hey, most people that write PR are about twelve (writing for eleven year olds), so you have to forgive them for not knowing anything that happened more than two TV seasons ago.

> Any idea who therea author is?

Hmmm... Max Allan Collins and Stuart Kaminsky have CSI series going
(and Kaminsky did a few ROCKFORD FILE novels), Lee Goldberg is doing MONK and DIAGNOSIS MURDER.

I wonder who's next. James Crumley doing VERONICA MARS?

Kevin