Re: RARA-AVIS: The Stanislavski Method/Robert Olen Butler

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 21 Nov 2005

Jack's method of inventing scenes is somewhat similar to what Robert Olen Butler describes in his new fiction writing book, From Where You Dream. I also use this method in my own way, and Butler suggests organizational methods of doing it that are bound to help anyone be inspired during the creative process. Actually, these are his lectures from classes, including sample student stories and discussion, and Janet Burroway has collected and edited them. Excellent. I'm using the book for my fiction classes next semester. Vicki