Re: RARA-AVIS: Fiction/Rocket Science

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 16 Nov 2005

Actually, Writing fiction is pretty similar to rocket science. Funny you should bring that up. I can't get into it now, but the creative process in all the arts and sciences seems to share many characteristics. If you have a high level of knowledge in one area, you can often make an analogy with another area and understand the other better through the comparison. My brother-in-law is a rocket scientist at NC State and we discuss the similarities all the time. He writes also, but has had trouble selling his children's fiction book. Actually, you might have heard of him. He's becomes famous every Christmas for his fictional/scientific PR endeavor about how Santa delivers the presents on Christmas. He has scientific works that have been translated worldwide, but nobody has heard about him regarding those! Just not popular like Santa. Vicki