Re: RARA-AVIS: Racism in Cain

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 14 Nov 2005

Kerry Schooley wrote:

Going back to where this thread began, I think Postman is an excellent example of plot revealing character. So much story, so much happens to these people I think we often forget how slim this book is- about 120 pages. The two characters meeting, trying to move apart then together again, two attempts at murder, a trial, blackmail and another murder, finally death.

*********** Yes! And Cain's writing style is superb. Stripped down and revealing so much in so few words. The first sentence sets the mood and it never lets up. Cain was hot. Hot and steamy.

The critics despise him. He's an author that critics love to hate. From Chandler to Joyce Carol Oates.

miker