Re: RARA-AVIS: Unreliable narrator

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 14 Nov 2005

 I would say that plot-driven writing is generally inferior to character-driven, but it would take a course to explain that and also the difference between good writing and bad. I guess I have to sound elitist and say that some people know the difference between good writing and bad without being taught, but generally good writing is an acquired taste not shared by the reading majority. If you say something is a guilty pleasure, that's not saying it's good. That's saying that you like it despite the fact that you know it's not. I have this argument with my sister at least once a year. I know I'm stirring up more trouble by not examining this more carefully, but I have to get to the gym! Vicki