Re: RARA-AVIS: Racism in Cain

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 14 Nov 2005

Hi, Juri, I don't think anybody is complaining about dark characters showing their prejudices through their thoughts and dialogue, except I guess when it gets to the
"blanket" effect that somebody mentioned. But it deserves mention again, since a lot of "banned books" are banned by readers who take the opinions of the characters to be the opinions of the author. Huckleberry Finn and other great works in this country have long been misunderstood by readers who just don't know how characterization works. Vicki