RARA-AVIS: THE CONFESSION

From: Bludis Jack ( buildsnburns@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Nov 2005

Domenic said:

"As the writer, I felt a lot my task in this particular book was trying to keep the reader interested in the narrator, even though he was vain, self-absorbed, a liar, and likely involved in several murders around him. I was interested in trying to create a character who,through his charm and intelligence, could keep the reader involved even

though they didn't entirely trust him."

That was where he nailed me. For all of his negatives. I liked him and did not want him to be involved in the murders, so I witheld judgement.

He also said: "And I was hoping the readers would see a bit of themselves in Jake Danser, and maybe reflect upon that similarity..."

The similaries were great especially in the early pages where we could see that something was seriouslly wron with the marriage. I was there I did that--many years ago.

Good work.

Jack Bludis

http://www.jackbludis.com Shamus nominee for "Shadow of the Dahlia" Amazon.com / BN.com / MysteryLovesCompany.com

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click. http://farechase.yahoo.com