Re: RARA-AVIS: Unreliable narrator

From: vhend1234@aol.com
Date: 10 Nov 2005

Why does everyone always want to guess who the murderer is? I've never understood the fun in that. Do people read only to see if they can be right and pat themselves on the back? Surprise endings generally ruin most novels and stories, in my opinion. The writer is so concerned with plotting, in order to make his ending work, that he skimps on character development and human psychology and emotion, what literature is all about, as opposed to a cheap thrill that you can't enjoy a second time because you know the ending. Vicki