RARA-AVIS: Richard Matheson

From: Paul Farrell ( pm_farrell@hotmail.com)
Date: 31 Oct 2005

Bill wrote:

>What are they like? I've never read anything by Matheson--some of his
>books look very appealing, and I like the movie adaptations, but I've just
>never gotten around to it.

I've read two stories by Richard Matheson, and they were both excellent. I AM LEGEND would be a contender for the best horror novel. The other story was "The Frigid Flame", a Cain/Thompson-style novella that was in the AMERICAN PULP anthology. If I remember correctly, it's a shorter version of SOMEONE IS BLEEDING, one of the books included in the 3-novel Forge collection.

Paul

_________________________________________________________________ Discover fun and games at @ http://xtramsn.co.nz/kids